What is Colorado Newborn?
Colorado Newborn is a new parent’s best friend – and a nationwide resource for Newborn Care Specialist placement. Our Newborn Care Specialists are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of newborn care. We travel across the globe to work one on one with discerning families seeking only the best for their little ones. Newborn Care Specialists are security savvy and knowledgeable about the needs of newborns with families who travel extensively for business and pleasure, implementing developmentally appropriate routines and sleep hygiene habits that will benefit the entire family for a lifetime.
SERVING FAMILIES IN Aspen | Denver | Colorado Springs | Castle Rock | Pueblo | Fountain | Salida
Who Can Benefit from Colorado Newborn’s Services?
- Families seeking professional, one on one care for their newborn from day one through nanny hire or other infant care is established.
- Professional support from someone who understands variations of normal and when to seek additional care.
- Families focused on proper sleep hygiene from day one, reducing the need to sleep train later.
- Families aiming to reduce overall stress during their postpartum period (often called the 4th Trimester)
- Families interested in customized care for their specific newborn and family unit rather than a one size fits all approach. (Babies can’t read parenting books after all)
- Parents looking for a stronger bond and less marital stress due to experiencing thorough support and care for their infant.
- Parents looking to invest in their children from day one with the best quality care available.
- Studies show that parents with quality postpartum support have better outcomes in the following areas:
- Lower risk of postpartum mood disorders
- Quick recovery with fewer complications
- Well established and longer term breast/chest feeding relationships
Meet the Owner of Colorado Newborn
Jenn is one of Colorado’s leading specialists in connecting new parents with the finest professional support and guidance through pregnancy, birth, and infant care. In 1996, Jenn’s first son was born – and she had never as much as babysat a newborn, leading her to wonder how new parents were supposed to do it all on their own! After five years of dedicated research and education, other parents started to come to Jenn for pregnancy and infant advice, and her passion for family support was ignited. In 2011, Jenn became formally trained and certified in supporting new families through birth and postpartum. Shortly after, she founded Colorado Mountain Doulas, the first doula agency in Colorado Springs, and between 2019 and 2021, she added Advanced Newborn Care Specialist to her resume.
Today, she heads up Colorado Newborn, a statewide agency connecting parents with highly skilled and experienced Newborn Care Specialists. When not matching up tired new parents with their dream Newborn Care Specialist, Jenn can be found writing relatable blogs or enjoying the beautiful Colorado scenery with Adam, her best friend, and husband; or enjoying family dinner and game night with her three kids and daughter in law, their five bunnies, two dogs, cat, and turtle on their 1/3 acre modern homestead in SE Colorado Springs.